New & Improved


I know, I've already tried several scones and passed them along to you, but these really are my new favorites. They were easy to mix together (no mixer required), and the end result was moist and flavorful on the inside with just a hint of crunch on the outside.

Last weekend, I picked up a large box of peaches at the Nashville Farmers' Market. After noticing this week that they were getting soft faster than I could eat and share them, I decided it was time to whip up a baked treat so they didn't go to waste. There's a peach pie recipe I've been dyng to try, but I was short a few ingredients and so decided to try a new scone recipe after the last ones didn't turn out as expected.

I am so very, very glad I made these. The recipe worked exactly as written, and after tasting one fresh from the oven, I immediately decided to whip up a second batch. The original recipe also states that other fruit can be substituted for the peaches, so I plan on keep these on hand all summer long, using whatever fresh fruit is available.

Peach Scones

1¾ cups all-purpose flour
cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
cup buttermilk
cup butter, melted
½ cup chopped peaches


Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda together in a bowl. Add the milk, melted butter and peaches and stir just until moistened. Spoon into 8 to 10 mounds 2 inches apart on a greased 12x15-inch baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.

Makes 8 to 10 scones

From JL Salt Lake City's Salt to Honey

Note: The smaller you chop your peaches, the more well distributed among the scones they will be.

Comments

  1. Sounds good--how was the Farmer's Market? I haven't been down this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!