As Promised...

We used the recipe for Swiss chard that Delvin Farms sent us. It wasn’t my favorite (I’m not a big “greens” person), but I would still  make it again. Mike thoroughly enjoyed it though, and I did finish my bowl. We used the stalks and the leaves, adding the stalks first and letting them cook for a bit before adding the leaves. I also topped mine with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, having read several other recipes that did so.

Swiss Chard Made Easy from Delvin Farms
1 bunch of Swiss chard
1 teaspoon butter
1 small clove garlic, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water
Pinch of dried crushed red pepper
Salt to taste

Roughly chop leaves into inch wide strips. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, a few small slices of garlic and the crushed red peppers.   Sauté for about a minute and add the chopped chard leaves and water.  Turn thoroughly and cover.  Check for doneness after about 5 minutes.  Add salt to taste and a small amount of butter.  Serve immediately while deliciously warm! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!