Fried Pickles at Home

Mike first introduced me to the delightful treat known as fried pickles several years ago at Toot's; it was love at first bite. Unfortunately, the closest Toot's to our house is about 30 minutes away. I knew I needed to figure out how to make these at home.

I've made the following recipe several times now, including twice for the Fourth of July while we had friends over. Needless to say, there aren't ever any leftovers.

We had the turkey fryer going anyway, so that's how we fried these. We've also used our fry baby, but it does take longer since you can't fry as many at one time.


Find the recipe we use at: Fried Dill Pickles. I buy a large jar of kosher dill pickles and slice them myself so I can make them as thin or as thick as we'd like. For the full dining experience, serve with ranch dressing.

As a side note, for those live in or near the Mt. Juliet area, if you're in the mood for fried pickles but don't feel like frying your own, I would highly recommend checking out Cori's Dog House. While there, might I suggest also ordering a Boston Hottie or either of the Texas dogs.


P.S.~Thanks to Pat Brenner for doing the actual frying :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!