How Did I Miss This One?

I could have sworn I posted this recipe when I first started my blog, but it seems that it somehow fell through the cracks. I first made it when I needed to use some fresh peaches before they went bad, and Mike was in the mood for a cobbler, All the recipes I was finding used milk, which I currently did not have handy. Instead, I found this Simple Blackberry Cobbler Recipe from Tables of Content. Excellent…no milk required! And even though the title says blackberries, the cookbook has a note that states the cobbler is also excellent with blueberries, raspberries, or peaches.

This is now my favorite, go-to cobbler recipe. I’ve only ever made it with peaches, but imagine it would be good with blackberries (like the original recipe calls for), or even a combo of the two fruits.

I don’t seem to have a photo of this particular dessert, so I guess I’ll just have to make it again so I have proof of how delicious it looks. It’s best enjoyed warm, but not super hot, with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.

Simple Peach (or Blackberry) Cobbler

5 cups sliced fresh peaches
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Spread the peaches in a 2-quart baking dish. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the egg, then crumble the mixture over the peaches. Drizzle with the butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Serves 6

Comments

  1. Hi Alison,

    We've recently launched the site RecipesUS.com where users can search through hundreds of thousands of recipes from American food sites and blogs.

    We noticed that you have a lot of delicious recipes on your blog and we would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.recipesus.com/top-food-blogs

    If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on RecipesUS.com, all you have to do is follow these instructions: http://www.recipesus.com/add-your-food-blog

    Our concept is already live in Sweden, France, the UK and Spain, and we deliver thousands of visitors to food blogs daily. Some of the top food blogs receive 20,000+ visitors from us on a weekly basis.

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Kind regards,
    Senka
    RecipesUS.com, Hittarecept.se, Alldishes.co.uk, Todareceta.es, Touteslesrecettes.fr

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!