Double Game Day Treat

Today was a triple threat in the Nash house: a Boston game was on TV, Titans are playing tonight, and Mike had his annual Fantasy Football draft. Even better, baseball started at 3pm, and Titans are playing a night game. (There was a brief disagreement about what to watch live and what to record when we thought they both played night games.)

Anyway, after a very tasty breakfast of bacon and eggs, we decided to rock snacks/appetizers for dinner tonight. We had homemade salsa, homemade black bean hummus, and needed one more thing to round out the "meal." Once again, Food Network Magazine and one of their "50 things" booklets came through for us. Horseradish Kielbasa bites sounded perfect!

The recipe is so easy, I'm not even going to list it all formally at the bottom like I usually do. Make a sauce with the following: 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard, and 2 teaspoons horseradish. I didn't measure any of these items...just eyeball it.

Chop kielbasa sausage and a green apple into small bite-size pieces. Heat the kielbasa in a skillet over medium-high heat (or grill before you chop them) until heated through. Skewer a kielbasa bite and apple piece per toothpick and dip in the sauce. It's best when the sausage is still hot and the apple is still cold and crisp.

I know, I know...this sounds sort of weird. You're going to have to trust me on this one...it's delicious (especially if you love horseradish, which we do.) Just give it a shot; you can thank me later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!