Holiday Spirit

Hello again! This is a short one, but I wanted to share now while I was think of it. Mike and I occasionally like to try a new cocktail or beverage. 
 
When were out to dinner with my parents last week for their anniversary dinner (Happy 44 Years, Mom and Dad!), I noticed a Spiced Pear Martini on the menu at Olive Garden. I didn't get one for dinner, but the idea of stuck in my head. I Googled "Spiced Pear Martini" later, and I found a recipe that seemed tasty and easy to whip up.
 
 I would say it tastes more like Christmas cookies than pear, but it's still delicious and very holiday-inspiring. The original recipe places one maraschino cherry at the bottom of the martini glass, but we omitted that as maraschinos are not something we keep on hand, nor would we finish a jar bought for this purpose.
 
We would make this again, though I think I might look for pear vodka (which I feel certain I've seen before) to see if the outcome would be more like pear and less like cookie.
 
And for those of you looking for pear nectar, check at Kroger or Publix (not Walmart). It's typically in the juice section with the juice box type products. We always see it in small cans as a 6-pack. As a side note, pear nectar is DELICIOUS straight up. We had an impromptu picnic  in front of an abandoned church while traveling through Europe and dined on local cheeses, cured meats, and pear nectar juice boxes. It made me a fan for life.
 
 
 
 
Spiced Pear Martini
 
Combine equal parts pear nectar and vanilla vodka over ice in a cocktail shaker. Add a sprinkle each of cinnamon and nutmeg and shake to mix well. Pour into martini glasses and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!