Breakfast for the Week!

Life has been crazy, and I am way behind in offering you my promised recipe per week. This one's short and easy, but delicious all the same. Plus, you can whip them up Sunday afternoon and have breakfast for the rest of the week! As weekday breakfast for me usually consists of something I can eat easily at my desk, these are perfect: Crustless Quiche Muffins.

For the base, mix the following together in a bowl.
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1½ cups milk
½ cup baking mix

Pour the base into 12 greased muffin cups. Now for the filling...

The original recipe calls for 12 ounces of sausage and about 1½ cups Cheddar cheese. Most recently, I sautéed some veggies from our farm box that I had finely chopped (bell peppers and zucchini, mostly) in about 1 tablespoon butter. I added two chopped turkey sausage patties (mine were precooked, but I still wanted everything to cook together for a bit.) I sprinkled this evenly among the filled muffin cups. Then I topped half with crumbled feta cheese and the remaining half with Cheddar cheese. The amount is really up to you. I was going for a quick and somewhat healthy breakfast, so I probably used ½ or less of each cheese for all 6 quiche muffins.

Bake at 350 degrees or until a wooden pick comes out mostly clean. Eat immediately, or let cool. Once cool, I pack 2 per container for the week. To reheat, I loosely cover the quiche muffins and microwave for about 30 seconds. (The original also says these can be frozen in individual sealable bags and reheated for 90 seconds, but there's something about frozen eggs that just doesn't appeal to me.)

These are also great for a shower or brunch, as they can easily be made the night before and reheated just before time to serve.

Comments

  1. YUM! These sound great! I think I'll be trying them in the near future. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - totally need to give these a go. Though to tell you the truth, the crust is my favorite part.... :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Not Above Bribery...