Fish Tacos

Remember yesterday’s fish leftovers? I was brainstorming as I was driving home from work today, trying to decided how to reheat the fish so it wouldn’t dry out when two words came to mind: Fish Tacos.

We already had everything we needed: the fish, salsa verde, queso fresco, and some extra fresh cilantro. I stopped on the way home to grab some corn tortillas and a bag of coleslaw mix, just the dry shredded cabbage/carrot blend without dressing. (I don’t know why, but it just doesn’t seem right to me to have fish or shrimp tacos on flour torillas, which we had at home.) This is how we made ours:

First, I set out the cod and salsa verde to start to come to room temperature.

Then the coleslaw…I mixed up some mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and a sprinkle of cumin for the coleslaw dressing. Everything was done to taste, so there’s no recipe I used and really no way to go wrong. We like our coleslaw moistened with dressing, not swimming in it, so I didn’t have to make much. Toss in the coleslaw mix until evenly coated. Set aside.

Heat however much fish you’re going to need until it’s not hot but not too cold anymore. Flake into smaller pieces. Spoon into your corn tortilla and top with queso fresco (it’s a crumbly Mexican cheese). Heat in the microwave until as hot as you prefer.

Top each taco with the coleslaw and drizzle generously with the salsa verde. That’s all there is to it…now fold up to form tacos and enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!