Christmas Potluck, Part 1

Time for our annual Christmas potluck at work. This year we veered from the usual ham and are having barbecue. I made two easy recipes, so I'll leave two short posts to share them with you.

Recipe #1 was Bobby Flay's Easy Coleslaw. I didn't even like coleslaw until I tried this, and now I would argue it's a must have for barbecue sandwiches and burgers and barbecue sauce. Instead of shredded fresh cabbage and carrots, I use 1 bag of coleslaw salad mix.

¾ cup mayonnaise
½ grated white onion
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons celery seeds
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste 
1 small head cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, shredded

Whisk the mayonnaise, onion, sugar, celery seeds, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Add the cabbage and carrot (or coleslaw salad mix) and stir or toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!