Christmas Potluck, Part 2

Ok, so the second recipe I made for the potluck was new to me: Broccoli Salad. A good friend brought a broccoli salad to our house a few months back. I'm not a huge fan of raw broccoli, but decided I would be an adult and try it. Very tasty! She couldn't find the exact recipe she used, but I gound this one in You're Invited Back  [50% off at Cookbook Marketplace!] from Junior League of Raleigh. It was easy to mix up. I kept the dressing separate, mixing it in about an hour before we were supposed to eat.

Broccoli and Cranberry Salad
6 cups (1-inch) broccoli florets
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup crumbled crisp-cooked bacon
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine the broccoli, cheese, bacon, cranberries and onion in a large bowl and mix well. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add to the broccoli mixture and toss to coat evenly. Chill for 1 hour or longer.

Serves 8 to 10

Comments

  1. An unusual idea but it looks like it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Zelda-I've also seen versions of this that use raisins instead of dried cranberries (I'm just partial to the latter), and some include sunflower seeds for a little extra crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious.I'd love to give this a try.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this broccoli widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with broccoli,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on a diet currently so this salad looks perfect for my daily meals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!