New Month, New Blog!

I plan on trying an actual recipe tomorrow, but for now we'll count this as my test post :) Recently while shopping at Kroger I spotted some fontina cheese on manager's special and ecided I just had to have it. California_Pizza_Kitchen pizzas have chunks of fontina on them, and I always think it's delicious, so why not do it at home! Tonight we had do-it-yourself pizza. No recipe, but super easy and adaptable to whatever your tastes may be. We topped ours with said fontina (cubed, not shredded, to allow for little gooey puddles of goodness), thick-sliced deli salami, quartered artichoke hearts, black olives, and some shredded mozzarella for good measure. Let me just tell you...it was de...li...cious.


I haven't decided yet what exactly I'll make next, but I promise more tasty treats. Leave comments with any questions, suggestions, requests, whatever! Oh yeah, and wish me luck on this blog thing!

Comments

  1. Sounds amazing! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis & Jan say

    Looks absolutely delicious. We have been experimenting with different pizzas using our pizza stone. This will definitely go in as one to try. What kind of beer do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I love cooking with beer, I'm not such a fan of drinking it. When in doubt, I will buy Budweiser...it works in any recipe I've tried I know Mike will drink whatever is left. We also often get Newcastle.
    For a non-beer option, I do enjoy an ice-cold 802 Woodchuck, which is a hard cider (NOT a malt beverage.) Thare are many other flavors that are tasty (including Pear), but the 802 always hits the spot.

    Delish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!