From the Kitchen of Mike

With Mike having today off for President’s Day (I, sadly, did not), he decided he would pick a new recipe to try so dinner would be ready for me when I got home. I arrived to the delightful smell of pork chops and apples cooking on the stove…yummy indeed.
He found the recipe for
Pork Chops with Apples and Garlic Smashed Potatoes in an issue of our Food Network Magazine, and the only thing that was a little different was that our pan sauce didn’t get quite as dark as the photo in the magazine. We chalk that up to using a nonstick skillet instead of the recommended cast iron.
He said it wasn’t difficult to make, and it was very enjoyable. The only thing I might do a little different is to cook the apples just a little less. The flavor was great, but the texture might have been a bit better with a little crunchiness left in the fruit. Overall, though, it's another keeper (as is the husband who made it)!

Comments

  1. Well even when they do eat all your Nutella, they are the ones we like to keep around - especially when they cook for ya! :) That sounds quite delish! I, too, came home to a delightful dinner on Presidents' Day - Butternut Squash Ravioli in a homemade red sauce (complete with your favorite, mushrooms ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looks like I've got some catching up to do

Finally Fall

Squash and Carrots, Oh My!